Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Before I lay me down to sleep

I have to agree with Cheryl that the time change as been wonderful. It's not so much that we got an extra hour of sleep for one night, but that my kids have not reset their internal clocks yet. This means no work getting them up in the morning, they just wake up, on their own, early... and so does mom. Despite having that extra time in the morning, I take a couple minutes at night to make my morning that much easier. Ten little minutes before I go to bed makes all the difference in the world.
Flylady has been the best thing to happen to me. My husband will be the first to say he didn't marry my for my cleaning abilities, and to tell you the truth, I was not terribly orgainzed either. Mornings were always a rush out the door with this or that missing and me not starting my day with a very good attitude. Now when I get up in the morning, everything flows perfectly, and everyone has a smile on their face as we drive away.
NOT! It has gotten much better though, and that ten little minutes before I go to bed has made a huge difference.
Flylady calls it her Before Bed routine, and it is wonderful. Before I climb into bed to read, or sleep, I do two simple things.
  1. Lay out my clothes for tomorrow and pack my gym bag
  2. Set out breakfast supplies on the counter and mix up dry ingredients if I am baking
These two things may not seem like much, but in the course of my morning, they save me a ton of time. Now, don't think that I stop there... I do have 4 kids, what about their stuff? This is the Before Bed routine, for everyone. Yes, everyone. Ok, not my hubby, but do guys really care what they are wearing the next day? This simple thing helps us all to avoid the following morning wreaking statement: "MOM! I can't find my..............." Don't be fooled, I still have to say hurry up at least 29 times to #2, but we are working on that too. What do you do in the morning that helps you get out the door faster? Are you already a Flyer, or will you just visit her for the first time today? Let us know!

No comments:

Post a Comment