Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Homemade Taco Seasoning

I commented here about how I am a fabric addict. I love the stuff, can't get enough, have a whole dresser (tall boy size) full of the stuff and yet seem to still buy more. I have been faithful about using the recent yardage for clothing for #2. Twirly, girly clothes that I adore and wish she had a doll I could sew matching things for... My other passion is anything to do with the kitchen. Yup, not scrapbooking or crafting, it's cooking. I don't buy many items for our favorite room in the house, I tend to stay away from extra appliances and am in the process of regifting some things I have replaced since our wedding 14 years ago. I think an anniversary shower is a good idea for old brides... I digress. So, on to the kitchen! Someday I will be really on top of my blog and post pictures, but for now I just want to talk about one little corner of my piece of heaven on earth, the spice racks. Yes, racks, as in two plus the bottom shelf of a cupboard. Why so much space, well, there is just something about a good spice that gets a girl going, and a hubby with a grill, too. You will notice I am posting on Works for me Wednesday and not Frugal Friday where one would think something like homemade anything would go, but since I am a bit of a kitchen snob, I don't know that it is really as frugal as it could be. Why not? I order from Penzey's Spices. You got it, I don't pick up that who knows how long it's been there can of parsley that has no smell and a questionable color from my local big box and put it in my food I worked to hard on to have it be tasteless! Can't do it, don't want to. You think I am kidding about how bad that other stuff is? Treat yourself to one small jar of something you already own. Parsley, sage, rosemary, thyme (humming) cinnamon, I don't care what it is. Order it here. Wait for it to come, sooner if you live in Wisconsin. When it does, open your old jar and take a whiff of whatever it is... does it have a smell? Now open the Penzey jar and smell that one.... ha! Gotcha didn't they? You will never go back. Headed to the kitchen to mix up my taco seasoning, since I always have the spices, but never one of those little nasty packets full of extra whatever it is they put in there. Keeps forever, gotta be cheaper, Works for Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment