Tuesday, June 30, 2009

What's for dinner...

Ah, the age old question that makes every mom want to cry and wish they were fabulously rich so they could order out, at least at some point or another. Usually I am on top of things and have my menu done on Saturday and written on my calander from Flylady, so I can stock up for the week. Well, my menu is done, but the stocking portion just has not happened. Maybe it was because I was too excited for my my date on Saturday night, or that on Sunday, my back decided to spazz out. Maybe it was swimming on Monday, or Biathalon on Tuesday or the thought of swim again on Wednesday, or the fact that it is summer and the idea of hauling four kids to the grocery store is some sort of torture in itself. At any rate, the shopping has not happened, and it is supper time. What's the solution? Kitchen sink soup! You heard me, and yes it is what it sounds like. This dish starts with me firing up the computer and opening the fridge and freezer doors and a lot of staring. Eventually, I am inspired. Part of an onion in the drawer, oooo some peppers, here is that sausage I bought three months ago to make pizza with, wow, when did I freeze that zucchini? While this may seem a strange way to cook, if you put your four year old on stirring duty and let him dump in herbs, he thinks it looks like the best meal he has ever eaten. Guess I'll call hubby to pick up a loaf of fresh Italian bread and head out to the garden for salad. Oh hey, here is some tortellini....

No comments:

Post a Comment