Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Things I love on a Tuesday

I love the smell of bread....
This is Laura's recipe for Whole Wheat Honey Bread which actually makes two loaves. Unfortunately I can only show you one, since I turned the other one into a pan of cinnamon rolls and we ate them this morning before I baked the bread.

I love fresh strawberries, too.
I can show you these that are from our garden, but what I can't show you were the ten pounds I turned into strawberry spread for the rest of the year. I don't love that jam recipes have so much sugar in them, six cups for a batch! So I found this great product, pectin that doesn't require sugar, and I only added about 3/4 cup of sugar for an entire batch. We tried a partial jar that I immediately opened after canning, and you know what? It tasted like... strawberries!

No comments:

Post a Comment