Thursday, January 14, 2010

MOMDAR


Those of you who have kids already know what MOMDAR is. Before our oldest was born, I was so excited some nights I couldn't sleep. After he was born, I was so worried I would miss a cry I couldn't sleep. Later, he cried so much I couldn't sleep. This pattern repeated itself for each of my four kids until they no longer cried in the middle of the night.
Ahhhhh, sleep...
Not.
Apparently the lack of sleep was just training for MOMDAR mode. You know, that feeling that lets you know your kids are doing, saying, trying something they should not be. That nagging signal in the back of your mind that tells you where they are, and what they are doing even if you can't see them. Kids call them eyes in the back of your head. Sometimes that signal even picks up someone else's kids...
This morning I woke up at 4:15 and couldn't, for the life of me, fall back asleep. Fifteen minutes later I knew why. MOMDAR. Apparently it works on ESP mode as well. It must have known that my husband's bath soap was going to fall in the shower, wake up #2 and #3, and just wanted to give me a heads up.
On an up note, we shouldn't be late for the bus this morning...

No comments:

Post a Comment