Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Green Thumb


I love Wisconsin weather, you never know what your going to wake up to. I had an idea though since I spent most of yesterday watching it switch back and forth from slop to snow. Outside my kitchen window it looks like an early October snowstorm since there is a hint of green grass under the white. It's ok though, my dad left me a gift that makes it worth the wait for spring. When we were little, we spent hours outside and part of that time was in the ginormous gardens we had. So many years later, I miss him, but treasure the gift that he gave me of a green thumb. These are just my tomatoes (you can just see the snow out the window) and they are huge! What you can't see are the three other racks of plants and whole other greenhouse next to it. I can't wait to be out in the garden again, but in the meantime, I will just putter in my dining room.

1 comment:

  1. LOL, I am in WI, but we did not get snow here.... THANKS goodness, I would have cried!
    NICE tomato plants though.... Mine are just a few inches...!
    Very nice finding your blog on Heavenly homemakers... I felt like I was reading about myself in your profile...LOL!

    ReplyDelete