Sunday, January 30, 2011

Menu Monday January 31st

The word of the month is budget. The word of the month is also Mexico, but the only way we can go there without freaking out about the money directly relates back to the first word. Apparently I have once again fallen prey to my grocery hording style of shopping, lol, because I could feed a small army with all that I have. Soooo this months shopping will consist mostly of fresh produce and dairy and keeping our costs as low as possible.

Breakfast
Oatmeal and leftover muffins
Eggs and toast
Waffles and yogurt
Cereal and bananas
Breakfast scones and boiled eggs
Pancakes and smoothies
Biscuit sandwiches with egg, cheese, turkey sausage

Lunch
Soba noodles and hard boiled eggs, fruit cups
Ham and cheese, apples
Soboro bento, rice, pineapple
Almond butter and nutella roll-ups, oranges
Chicken stir-fry, rice, grapes
Kids choice

Supper
Turkey burgers, sweet potatoes, salad
Bouf Bourguignon soup, noodles, garlic bread
Salmon, rice, green beans
Baked chicken, herb roasted potatoes, salad
Frozen pizza, salad
Leftovers/Steak, baked squash, corn
Chili, toppings, nacho bar (GO PACKERS!)

2 comments:

  1. I agree...GO PACK!!! And what to eat that day is always an important decision :)

    I also am of the stock up like crazy mindset and I'm getting my husband more and more on board. This could be good, but could also lead to us having years of groceries on hand if I'm not careful! Starting to grind our own flours this week and I'm so excited. And already planning on how much more I can/should can this summer and fall...winter is for planning, isn't it.

    GO PACK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great menu ideas! It reminded me that we haven't had sweet potatoes in a long time. I'll have to add it to my grocery list.

    I am a new follower. I hope you will visit my blog and follow me back.

    Have a wonderful day!

    Blessings
    Mrs. White

    ReplyDelete