Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Menu Monday Sept 5-11

Wow did the school year sneak up on anyone else? Before I could hardly take a breath, summer was over, the kids were missing the bus, and I was slowly headed down the road to crazy town. I should have chalked this week up to adjustment for all the kids and not let it get to me, but you know how it is. It is times like this when I really consider the advantages to homeschooling.
The other time is when I look at what school lunches for 3 kids cost.
Are you kidding me!
I know I have had the frugal post before, but this was a wake-up call! $8.10 a day for three kids to eat! Seriously! It would not be so bad if they would take advantage of the fruit and salad bar they can fill up on. No, this is $8.10 worth of starchy carbs and questionable meat products.
Yuck
Well, that was the first week of school, and we all were a bit crazy. Now in week two, things, they are a changing. Here is the menu for the week. If I get really ambitious, I will try to match what the school is having to a degree.
Or not!

Breakfast
Cold cereal, bananas
Pancakes, maple syrup
Blueberry bagels, kiwi
Cranberry, white chocolate muffins, boiled eggs
Egg bake and toast
Oatmeal, warm vanilla soothers
Waffles, peach syrup

Lunch
Snacks (company for supper)
Leftovers from company
Cheese and crackers, dilly beans, bananas
Ham and cheese sandwiches, broccoli/dip, fruit cups
Peanut butter and jelly, applesauce, dates
Turkey wraps, yogurt with blueberries
Beef tacos, toppings, beans, fruit

Supper
Cornish game hens, big pasta with mushrooms, salad, chocolate yummy (company)
Salt and vinegar wings, Sriracha garlic hot wings, crostini
Beef and noodles, mashed potatoes, peas
BLT, tortellini soup
Chili, lettuce sandwiches or bagels
Pizza
Chicken noodle soup, no-need bread

No comments:

Post a Comment